Pregnancy Weight - What Are the Best Foods For Baby and Me?

"Best Healthy Foods For Women"

As soon as I announced my pregnancy, I heard all the myths about what I should and shouldn't be eating, what the cravings would be, what would make me sick; but I did wonder what dietary plan would be best for me and my baby. I knew I didn't have a bad diet, the odd indulgence maybe but nothing too extraordinary. Your diet though is surely different when your body is in a normal mode and when it is carrying around another person? Suddenly I didn't know if that egg a day was such a good idea now. Were all dairy products bad? Should I indulge those cravings? Would I seriously be living off pickles and ice-cream?!

"Healthy Diet Foods":

1. The Myths I think we must start with the pickles. If you are craving a particular type of food, see what type of food it is and evaluate what it consists of in terms of minerals, sugars etc. Women may crave extra minerals during pregnancy as their bodies increase blood volume by up to 20% so the minerals can become diluted. A craving for pickles may be as simply explained as the pregnant woman is deficient in a mineral such as sodium. Every craving has a meaning and is trying to tell you something about your body.

Best Healthy Foods For Women

"Best Healthy Foods For Women"

"Eating for Two' is simply a myth and a very fictitious one at that. There is no need to eat for two, while I agree that you need extra of certain vitamins, minerals etc., it is simply not necessary to eat the same amount as two people. Your body will tell you what you need, just learn to listen to it. In your last trimester, the baby should be gaining approximately half a pound a week and Mom should be gaining slightly more than that but your doctor will let you know if there is anything out of sync, otherwise, just stick to a healthy and varied diet.

Pregnancy Weight - What Are the Best Foods For Baby and Me?

2. The Good Foods You will learn all sorts about minerals and vitamins during your pregnancy that you did not know. It is important to maintain a healthy balance and in doing so you are ensuring that you are giving baby the best start in life and making sure that your body is armed and ready for the tough time ahead. I think every mother has heard that Folic Acid is fairly essential, the reason being that Folic Acid has been shown to reduce the effects of neural tube defects such as Spina Bifida. It is also very easy for pregnant women to become deficient in Iron so it is important to eat some red meat, pulses and green vegetables. Although, here's another myth buster, stay away from liver.

3. What to Avoid Liver does contain Iron but it also contains Vitamin A and too much Vitamin A may cause a build up in your system, which may harm your unborn child. Fish is a food that gets both pro's and con's arguments for pregnant women. I would never warn anyone off fish however, when pregnant, you do have to be careful that you avoid particular types altogether and that you eat some in very limited or infrequent amounts. Try to limit the amount of tuna that you include in your diet as there is a chance that it may contain mercury. Mercury can affect your baby's nervous system while it is developing.

breaking newsPregnancy Weight - What Are the Best Foods For Baby and Me?. View Related articles associated with Best Healthy Foods For Women. I Roll below. I have counseled my friends to assist share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share Pregnancy Weight - What Are the Best Foods For Baby and Me?.

Post a Comment

0 Comments